To assist in making the decision on which agent to choose, here is a list of possible questions to ask the agent:
- Where do you think the buyer for my home will be coming from? Will it be a Move up Buyer (Upgrade), or a Renter (First Time Home Buyer)?
- How will you market to this particular buyer? What proactive steps will you perform to reach this specifically targeted buyer other than the 5 P’s? (Please see the 5 P’s listed below)
- What do you do as an agent that is exceptional that sets you “above” the average Realtor in your area? (Please do not quote me your company’s statistics, show me and tell me what you personally do to promote your listings.)
- What could I do to improve the marketability of my home?
- What is the biggest drawback to my home? (Possible buyer objections), please be candid with me now so that I know what to expect.
- Do you think that a buyer incentive is called for on my home? What incentive would you recommend?
When you are interviewing agents, it is also to your advantage to select an agent who not ONLY performs the 5 P’s but also have many of the following “proactive marketing strategies” such as:
- Installing a brochure box/information box on the yard sign.
- Uses QR codes on sign riders and advertising.
- Advertises listings on Facebook and other social media.
- Creating a color highlight brochure for buyer showings.
- Internet capability.
- Cable TV advertising.
- Direct mail program.
- Personal advertising above and beyond what their real estate company advertises.
- Interior highlight cards.
- “800” information sign rider installed on the yard sign.
- Personal brochure and/or professional resume.
- Broker Caravan Tour with lunch/raffle provided to entice additional agents to view the home.
The “average” agent will do the 5 “P’s” on a listing property. They will:
- Put a for sale sign in your yard.
- Put your home in the multiple listing service.
- Put your home in advertising.
- Put your home on Broker Caravan Tour.
- Put your home on Public Open House.